A vision for Codidact

Monica sorry, I used the wrong term. I wanted to use MediaWiki but used WikiMedia.

This is the problema. You couldn’t be both. SEI aren’t. MediaWiki aren’t.

SEI is Wikipedia, Software is just a man, not the end for them.

Mediawiki sells (for free) the wiki platform. Is up to you use it as you like. Some people form Mediawiki contribute to Wikipedia which is a totally different project. That’s ok. Of course Wikipedia needs are addressed by Mediawiki, but they are distinct projects, eventually ran by same people.

See How do we separate distinct communities? - #59 by manassehkatz. If Codidact is a software platform, like Mediawiki is, this discussion is wrong. This discussion is good if Codidact is a community, like SEI. Just an example.

Another example: Keeping the site free. This wrong discussion for the software.

Make a good software for people exchange knowledge. This is important here. How people will use is not important. Mediawiki provides a good software based on wiki, it is not Mediawiki business how people use it. People download, install, configure, add plugins and use it.

People want a good software to exchange knowledge, maybe based on Q&A (maybe not, listen George Stocker). People don’t need a new community. Just a bunch of persons need this.

Don’t get me wrong, community can be another project, or product (profitable or not).

To be clear, I’m not say what you should do, just putting my 2 cents. You can do something really big here. I want this. I will be frustrated if the chance be lost.

3 Likes