Considerations about the tech stack and architecture

Do you browse SO with JavaScript disabled?
You can, but voting etc. break.
Google can crawl React.
And apparently you can run React on the server too or instead.
So I don’t know that it’s a non-starter – I gather it is a modern standard.

Well that wasn’t the point though, the fact that it’s single-page isn’t much relevant, those are a packaging and deployment details – various forms of caching.

What’s more relevant IMO, i.e. to the estimate of the implementation time, were as mentioned here.

The above, the URL I posted, is a demo – with no real web server or database. For that demo, my front ends is bundled together with a simulated backend via a simulated REST API, and that back-end is just TypeScript reading and writing some data in memory in your browser – the whole thing is physically just a static web page without a real database – my object was to prototype the UI.

I assume that in the real thing (i.e. if there were a real server for this application) then any page URL could be dual-purpose, i.e. that:

• If a browser requests a page (e.g. from a bookmark) then it’s asking for HTML (in its accept header), and the server complies by returning the app and the data for that page.
  • Or if the app is already loaded and requests a page (e.g. because the user clicks on a link within a page), then it requests just JSON (rather than html) from the server, and the server returns just that.

It’s really neat IMO.

But it’s wandering off-topic – because you decided to implement (and estimate) something different.

Still, as I said, I think a short implementation time (i.e. within “6-8 weeks”) is feasible in theory – if I were optimistic, and assuming a small number of dedicated developers, and an already-defined UI to sprint with. Which seems to me the same ballpark as a previous estimate i.e.: