Should we join forces with TopAnswers?

Thanks for the write-up!

Everything I’m reading here looks compatible with what we’re planning for Codidact.

Do you have a list of these decisions somewhere? https://topanswers.xyz/meta doesn’t have a lot of stuff, but presumably you were talking elsewhere before.

Same here. We’ve been debating the details, but nobody’s proposed an alternative to voting (although we’re talking about mechanisms to complement and modify voting).

Neither are we. Most of this forum is about “should we do this thing like SE or different?”.

We’re divided as to how downvoting should work, but the idea of doing without downvotes hasn’t gained any traction here. And I do think it’s necessary for an MVP: how else are you going to indicate that something is wrong?

Why bother with labeling a post as blog? Just make it a self-answer.

We’ve been going a similar route. I like what I’ve seen so far on TopAnswers, but I wonder how it’ll scale with thousands or millions of users.

Here on Codidact we’ve been talking so far. We haven’t started coding. Do we have any incompatibilities? If not, why would Codidact start coding, rather than join the coding effort on TopAnswers?

5 Likes