"Community" bump

SE has a method where periodically (hourly? might be topic site dependent) an old post that has no accepted answer is bumped to the top of the question list as if it had a recent update. These are tagged with the mythical Community user.

1 - Should we have this at all?

2 - If we have it, should there be a way to turn it off? For example, if a Q has been repeatedly bumped up this way and the OP has not been heard from at all in a long time, odds of suddenly getting an Accepted Answer are pretty much zero.

3 - If we do have this, how about an easy toggle for users to hide the Community questions? If I am on my “usual” site and it doesn’t get a ton of new questions every day, I might want to hide the 5 - 10 Community questions which I’ve already read numerous times before so that I only see the real recent activity.

I think this is not MVP and we can safely ignore it for a while unless the decision affects something about the design. (Which doesn’t seem likely, but I defer to the people who’ll actually be designing it.)

4 Likes

Agree. This is not an MVP item. Just trying to list various items as I come up with them. My understanding is “The New Site” can include any feature, but MVP will get MVP in the title.

Ah, didn’t pick up on the title pattern. Thanks.

1 Like