This is a proposed policy for the Codidact organisation. It’s based on this CoC from Writing, which is itself the result of feedback from users there. Please leave your feedback on it in this thread.
This proposed policy has been updated with feedback from this thread, and its live, in-force version can be found on our wiki.
This Code of Conduct applies to all online spaces owned by the Codidact organisation, and any physical meetups of its community. It’s intended to make sure everyone gets off on the right foot and that we all have a shared set of expectations. These rules are not intended to be completely literal; they should be followed in spirit, not necessarily to the letter. To be part of the Codidact organisation, you must agree to this Code of Conduct.
- Be respectful and polite. Treat others how you would like to be treated.
- Presume good faith. Presume that everyone else is acting according to this Code of Conduct too - don’t accuse others of acting maliciously.
- Keep it “safe-for-work” (SFW). It’s fine to discuss controversial topics, but discuss them in an adult manner without letting the discussion get heated. Discussing topics of sex and sexuality is likewise allowed if appropriate, but explicit sexual content is not allowed as this site is open to under-18s.
- Be open to constructive feedback. If others offer feedback on your content or your communication, take it in good spirits. Conversely, if someone tells you they don’t want feedback, don’t force it on them.
- Remember that accidents happen. Well-meaning people on a worldwide, multi-cultural platform can accidentally say things that are taken poorly. If you’re on either side of such a misunderstanding, presume good faith and try to work it out amicably.
- Harassment is not okay. We will not tolerate harassment of anyone based on any aspect of their personal identity. If you see any of this happening, report it so we can deal with it.
We take violations of this Code of Conduct seriously. If you see someone behaving in a way that’s at odds with this Code of Conduct, flag or otherwise report the offending interactions to moderators or admins. We take these reports seriously, and we’ll try to follow up with you where we can. We’ll keep your identity private.