Voting on MVP features?

I disagree with this. I think having an MVP Nominations thread wouldn’t be effective. If there is only one huge thread, many users might ignore it due to being hard to follow.

The current state of MVP proposals is “one proposal per thread” and I think it is a good model, as it allows discussion in context. Why should we not vote within the thread?

Here’s what I think would be better:

• Proposals, that have been inactive for a while (at least five days) and where consensus has been reached, will receive a response from an administrator, which will summarize the consensus. The response will also ask users who disagree with the fact that consensus has been found to reply to the post. Then a topic timer is set that will close the post 36 hours after the last reply. After the thread closes, the consensus will be written into the Wiki.
  • If a proposal is really contentious, the administration team should wait a reasonable time (but still, ideally, up to two weeks at most, or at least 5 days since the last reply), until a poll is created and the topic closed. The poll should run for 3 - 4 days, possibly a bit longer for important polls that require more consideration or a large number of voters. The result of the voting shall be written into the Wiki, after the poll closed.
6 Likes