Where is the new user tutorial?

Sorry if I’m blind, but when I looked in “badges” I saw that that were one for completing the new user tutorial. Even before looking there I was searching a little bit for something like that, but I thought that since this is so new, it is possible that it does not exist. But the badge confirmed that it should exist.

Now I have searched all over the place, but I simply cannot find it. Where is it? I searched for “tutorial” in the search field, opened the FAQ and used C-f “tutorial” among other things.

Maybe it should be easier to find? Ok, I admit that it can be me who sucks at searching, but a “new user guide” should be almost impossible to miss. IMHO, they should be mandatory to complete to even use the site. :slight_smile:

I also noted that the badges “Autobiographer” and “Read guidelines” have links in them. Why not also on the “Certified” badge?

The tutorial is done interactively via private message with @discobot; you should already have a message called “Greetings!” in your inbox to follow up on.

1 Like

Hi! To find out what I can do, say @discobot display help.

Thank you very much.

I must say that it would be preferable if it also could be found in a menu of some sort. I mean, many people just delete those greeting messages you always get when you register on a forum. Minor detail maybe, but it would be an improvement.

We don’t own Discourse, sadly, though we do need a welcoming topic anyway.