There has been at least one post about starting the DB design but I think it would make sense to back up and start with the naming/design convention first. Things like,
- Name of the primary key (Id,pk )
- Case of the column name (PascalCase I think)
- The data type of the primary key (believe we settled on ints)
- Foreign key names (ExampleTableId is a foreign key to the primary key of ExampleTable)
- Do we want the tables to have a column with the date the row was created? If so I think the name of the row should stay constant.
- Same question as above but for the last updated time.
- Index naming conventions
- Do we want to triggers and change tables that record INSERT, UPDATE, and DELETE operations into a separate table/DB?
I probably missed some questions, but this is where I would start from.