Sorry for being a tad late to the party, but I just read
And it has just been closed, so I can’t comment there.
Basically I have something similar.
Advantage: It’s in ASP Core (2.1)
Disadvantage: It’s not complete
So it’s kind of a middle way for the 2 given options.
Quick facts about the current state:
- It’s written in Clean Architecture
- Uses MSSQL, but via NHibernate, so can easily be switched to PostGre
- Has swagger running for the API
- Frontend is currently done in Vue via an APS Core SPA template (Which, to me, mainly meant it automatically runs a vue dev server so you can adjust the UI “in real time”)
- more than 80% coverage
Things that need to be done for MVP:
- Currently uses homebrew identity (yeah i know, it was for me to experiment)
- Frontend layout is clean, but design needs… well to be done, foremost (however, using material design via vue-material, it looks mostly clean already)
- Flagging posts
- Proper search function (nothing more than an SQL LIKE for the title right now)
- Roles and rights are there, but need to become DB tables (currently just hardcoded)
- (Email-) Notifications for tags etc (something i never used myself)
And probably a bunch of other stuff I’m forgetting now. Maybe easier to say what it does at the moment:
- you can log in
- you can start writing a question
- between question title & body, it will then display similar questions
- you can post a question
- you can answer a question
- You can Up-/Down vote
All in all, I now feel like it’s pretty small what I’m offering here. But maybe that’s a strength, because that means it’s small enough to adjust it to exactly what we want. Honestly, I wouldn’t know, because I didn’t even have the chance to read a lot of the stuff here in the forum yet. However, as I JUST saw that other post, I didn’t want to be too late with this.
Now tell me why it sucks
Or ask if you have any questions, obviously. There’s like, no documentation at all for it.
Amazing, I forgot the actual link to the repo. Anyway, here it is: