@einpoklum A (hopefully) simple explanation:
Codidact is a new system under development. It is not ready for “end users” yet. There are currently 3 components, which can be reached from the Codidact home page:
- Github - Where the software and documentation are under actual development
- Discord - A chat system about the development process - substantive details & discussions from here eventually make their way to Github or the forum
- Discourse - This forum for discussion of features of Codidact.
There is one more piece, an initial site for Writing. This is the only part that is an actual Q&A site. It is using software developed by one of the key Codidact people but it is not the actual Codidact software. The plan is to move Writing to Codidact when the software is complete, but that will be a while.
There is no organized place yet (a la Area 51) for other communities. Though I suspect we’ll come up with something soon enough.
Is this for you, right now? It is for you if:
- You are a developer (front end, back end, database, UI, etc.) who would like to help build Codidact, or
- You would like to have some input in the initial development regarding user features (e.g., how privileges are assigned & work; ways that the system will be similar to or different from SE and other Q&A sites; etc.)